Sunday, September 30, 2007

delinquency.... shocker!!!!!

So, I am still developing my thoughts for what I truly want to include in this blog. I know I want to use it to organize myself, I want to be able to share what's going on in our world, but I don't want to bore the world. Part of this is just to track my days as I become more adjusted to raising a family versus it just being me and my husband, and also, I want to keep my brain active. In the interest of actually making this a full view of me and our family, it is not going to just incorporate the fiber world thoughts I have, but also include the important things in our world, like the fact that we are Modern Orthodox Jews and that we are trying to start a business as well. Some posts are going to be about fiber stuff, some will be about the time of year it is, some will be about our business venture, and some will just, well, be.

On to the topic at hand... every year this happens. School starts and with it all the reminders of fall. I know that every fall the Jewish New Year, Rosh Hashanah comes, and every year I feel like it is either too early or too late. This year, of all years, where it falls in the calendar actually feels just right, but perhaps because of Erin I feel like I have not been prepared. In addition, this year is what we call three day yom tovim, where a bunch of the holidays which are celebrated for two days butt up against a Sabbath and thereby create a situation where we end up celebrating for three days, which isn't inherently a bad thing, it just is, HOWEVER... It does create a situation where it feels like all we do is eat, sleep and go to synagogue.

What it really creates is a backlog of laundry, mail, and other things that need to get done. And, it prevents me from writing regularly. I will be writing more about the holidays in a little bit - not today - today is laundry day - particularly because Erin chose to poop all out her diaper and onto the blanket that she loves to lay on on the kitchen floor.... so that had to get done. But, I was inspired to write a little to share to anyone that might be reading this, that my good friend who is living as an ex-pat in Japan started her blog and she is an amazing author, so if you are interested in reading about life for an American living in Japan, check out aimeeweinstein.blogspot.com - you won't be sorry! enjoy!

It also means that not much knitting or crocheting gets done - although between my mother in law and sister in law and myself it does get discussed. In addition, the new WEBS catalog just arrived, so it's in our thoughts. Just a few words on this - I am almost done with the knit sweater for a friend's baby, I finished the carseat blanket, except for weaving in the ends, I have been getting a little done on the "to be felted" diaper bag and I did 4 rows of the new sweater I am making for Erin... so a little has been accomplished, just not as much as usually gets done.

And, as if that weren't enough... Erin is teething so instead of giving me nice big 4 hour blocks of sleeping, well, lets just say it's "sleepus interruptus" but we're working on it.... more on the holidays and how teething and lack of sleep plays into it all... see - I am not intending to be a blog delinquent... it's just sort of happening....

No comments: