Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Knitter Coffee Swap 3 best box...

SO, I received my box yesterday... It was a hectic day, I had a Dr. appt, then running around with Erin, then she wouldn't sleep last night, so there was no blogging going on. No way to tell you all about the best box that I got! At least, I knew when I got up this morning that the box would still be on the counter, that it wasn't a dream!Because I was opening it with Erin around, I didn't have the chance to take pics as I opened it, but it was wrapped with bubble wrap and pink paper and it was really crinkly and Erin LOVED that!

I loved the contents...


I know that I was a little difficult as a swap partner because of the fact that we keep kosher and part of this swap included coffee, but Mary found some great beans that fit the bill, and a really cool mug (beautiful colors!) to drink it in. I have never tried this brand before, but breakfast blends tend to be my favorites. Also, any other food included also needed to be kosher and somehow (Mary must have been channeling my husband for this one!) she picked out his favorite kind of packaged cookies... and, some amazing chocolate that I may or may not share... we'll see... It looks really yummy...

But wait, there's more... Mary had asked me about my favorite yarns... and I am relatively new at the "good stuff" but one thing that makes it a little more difficult is the problem of something called shatnez. Because of this prohibition between mixing wool and linen there is a concern with some yarns as many are blends. Since I haven't really been using wools before, it hasn't been something I have had to really think about, but knowing that some beautiful yarn was heading my way, I had to bring it up. Mary, again, surpassed any difficulties and found this beautiful viscose yarn, which is apparently all plant based, so there is not a drop of wool to worry about! And, as an added bonus, for my birth anniversary, in addition to the two hanks that will find their way into becoming a hat for me...at some point... there was a beautiful, extremely colorful skein of sock yarn, that is going to become... well, something... I haven't decided yet.

The idea of the birth anniversary is intriguing as it is quite true - we are not birthed over and over again each year, but instead, we are celebrating the anniversary of the actual event.

And, there is still more... some beautiful cards with a young woman knitting on them.. trez cool...

Overall I would have to say this has been a FANTASTIC experience. I have made a new friend and I received some awesome treats that I will share with my family. Lucky for me no one else drinks coffee or uses yarn yet... The cookies and chocolate, well they are a different story...Mary, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!! This was great. It was my first swap, so there was clearly potential for it to be a bust, but I think we both had a great time.

No comments: