Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Knitting...

yeah. this is a knitting and crocheting blog... yeah... I haven't posted much stuff lately.... here is some eye candy for you...

love this hat - it's soft, it's colorful... and it matches a lot in my wardrobe - a quick crochet - really all the details are on Rav...


this is a knit/crochet project that I was really excited to be able to test for the pattern designer. The center is knit and can either be a kerchief/scarf size, or a shawl size - which is my plan - it is still in progress... I am a much slower knitter than I thought - plus if I was to start over again I would have used a much larger needle to get a much airier look in the center. It doesn't matter, though, because I love the way it is coming out. Too bad it's totally not my colors as it will now end up being a wonderful gift for a wonderful friend.

in this detail you can see the crochet border... love how this is turning out. Normally one would knit the entire body then crochet the entire border on, but since I was testing the pattern, I had a deadline and needed to just get it done, so I will now finish the ball of yarn on the center to increase the size of the shawl (and have already begun using a larger needle, so it will gradually get airier) and then I will go back and figure out how to best add on the crochet edge. Because the designer did such a great job writing it, I should have no trouble... again, this will be a gift, but it inspires me to think about the shawl I want to make for myself.... Multnomah which I will not be doing in greens, although I do love what the designer used, I have a handpainted yarn that was a gift that I think will look amazing...

No comments: