Saturday, December 29, 2007

repeat - THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN POSTED A LONG TIME AGO

When I began this Erin was napping, and I thought I would finish it, however, that never happened so I will post what is here, then continue this discussion...:
old post started here: so I am going to take advantage of this time to write about something that I have been wanting to write about for a long long time. My latest film project...I have had this one in the percolater for way too long. WAY TOO LONG!!!! I started to think about this and even began some preliminary research before I met my husband... We've been married now for three years. We've known each other for a little more than 3 and a half... okay, that doesn't sound like so much longer, but...

Back in 2002 I saw a film at the Pittsburgh Jewish Israeli Film Festival that changed the way I thought about my own filmmaking. For those of you who have known me for a long time, you may remember that when I was working on my MFA some of the faculty gave me a hard time for doing anything with any religious content, even though it was and still is a HUGE part of who I am. They kept telling me there was no market for it, and not that I only make films for the market, I mean lets face it, the festival circuit isn't exactly about the $ you make on a film!!!

Well, there is a market for what I want to do, and that is what I need to focus on. There is even now a Jewish Television channel, at least in NY there is, and so I need to remember that as I make this next film. I just need to make the time to make the film. It will be about the covering of one's head/hair. Unfortunately while I wanted to write about it now, I need to get some sleep...and so the last thing I will leave you with, other than the promise to write more on this topic, is that we have incorporated and so our business is on it's way to becoming a reality.

No comments: