Saturday, January 5, 2008

mmm.... hot chocolate...

The Questionnaire...
Cocoa:
1. What is your favorite way to drink cocoa? Prepared with milk? Water? from home made recipe or store bought?, In a tea cup, or big mug? Cocoa is extra-yummy when made with milk vs. water, but since the hot water is usually already (we almost always have the electric kettle on), then water it is. I have never made any home-made recipe- although I will sometimes "doctor" the cocoa by adding a little bit of coffee - which I then call my "cocoa-mocho-chino" when describing what I am doing to my daughter. All hot beverages in my house are served in nice big mugs, with good handles to curl your hand around them.
2. Marshmallows or whipped cream? when I was younger I liked marshmallows, but kosher marshmallows aren't so good - so I pretty much don't bother - although I have been known to, when given the opportunity, to add a dollop of fluff (even though I rarely have fluff in the house - so this is usually at someone else's house!)

Yarn/Knitting/Crochet
1. What is your favorite type of yarn? In what colors? I really don't have a preference, although I do prefer bulky and super-bulky yarns - they work up much faster! I like navy, forest green, burgundy, sage green, pretty much anything but pink and lavender!
2. Do you knit or crochet (or both)? both - although I have only been knitting for a year
3. What are your favorite type of needles, would you like to try something new? I just got my first sets of circular needles - size 10 and size 15 - loving them!
4. Do you have a healthy supply of notions? not sure what this means - I have been acquiring things as I need them
5. What one thing do you keep thinking you need to buy for your knitting habit (outside of yarn)? don't really know...
6. What is your favorite 'quick knit/crochet' pattern (quick gratification) in crochet I make a lot the Crochet Me "Baby It's Cold Outside" sweater as gifts as they are nice and quick. In knitting I have yet to find a "quick" pattern!

Miscellaneous
1. What is your favorite thing to do in the Winter? watch the snow fall, unfortunately that is not too often, but the best part of winter is that it is hockey season
2. What is your favorite animal? teddy bears
3. Do you get the 'winter blahs'? occasionally - especially when it is just cold and gray and doesn't snow at all- I love the snow - to me a light snowfall is equivalent to a nice sunny day when it has been gray for days on end.
4. What is your favorite way to beat the blahs? cuddle up in front of a nice warm fire, with some cocoa, some knitting or crochet, or, if I don't want to make a fire, cuddle under our nice warm down comforter and take a nap!
5. What is the thing you are most looking forward to this spring? working on our garden which is a huge work in progress - we did major construction on our house 2.5 years ago which essentially required us to pull out what was in the garden, so since then I have been slowly re-planting - the first year we put in some shrubs, last year we put in some perennial flowers, this year, hopefully some more!
6. What are your favorite treat? pretty much anything chocolate
7. What is your favorite board game? hmmmmm, I'd have to say backgammon
8. Do you have any children (furry or human)? one daughter who is now 8 months old, one betafish who we have had for 1.5 years
9. Do you have any allergies or special considerations you partner should know about? no known allergies, but we do keep kosher - you can see more information about this in my posting for the knit coffee swap 3 questions...

No comments: