Monday, July 21, 2008

I've been SPOILED......

by Knitterleigh from Ravelry's Swap on a Budget.. my kinda swap where the limit is $20 plus shipping, and your only requirements are to include a skein of yarn and something homemade/handmade... Here is what I got...look all wrapped up and nice... first off, the hand knit item... a hat which fits wonderfully and will be nice and cool... always a challenge - and the remainder of the skein was included so I can make Erin a matching hat! and an awesome magazine and beautiful beaded stitch markers that open so they are great for both crocheting and for knitting - I have already replaced the paperclip I had in the hat that I am currently crocheting...
and some amazing Noro Silk Garden Lite... I have wanted to try Noro for the longest time but haven't been able to pick colorwise... now, thanks to Melissa I can try Noro and not be totally intimidated by the colorways...and, as if that was not enough... some silk and bamboo yarn in a delicious color of deep purple. It is really soft and smooshy and just might have to become a hat for me... come to think of it, I think both of these skeins are headed for my head...and particularly since the copy of Knit Simple of all the hats was recently re-located...and the bonus of a set of addi turbo 7's is awesome because I am still building my knitting needle collection, I love the addi turbos and I have been using 8's for my worsted and should probably be using a 7...

here it all is in one place...

I haven't quite finished my box yet to send to my spoilee... so I can't say much about what I am packing, but I have a small trip to the store to get one last item and then it will be in the mail... I have finished my handmade_____________ but want to make one more small thing... I have until August 29th, but am hoping to have it in the mail by the end of next week... I am being time generous because one never knows with Erin what I will be able to accomplish!

Actually... since I have a minute... I think I might go photograph her sweater!

No comments: