Monday, July 21, 2008

On a roll...

So... I know I mentioned Erin's new sweater in a different post (the one where I know it happens to everyone) but I hadn't posted the new version which I am loving.... the reason being that, well, getting pictures onto the computer can be, sometimes, an arduous task depending on naps, etc. I have to say that since I frogged this thing I am loving it. The only reason it is sitting on the sidelines right now is that I need to finish the replacement gift since this is no longer a gift for anyone other than my delicious little smush. Here it is...
My only fear at this point is that it is much larger than I anticipated and while I did purchase a couple more skeins of the variegated, there is no more solid or variegated to be had, so it might end up being a vest....Before I put it down I started the bottom ribbing, but realized after about two rows that the sweater itself was not long enough, so it looks like at least one more band of navy and possibly another variegated before the ribbing goes on. Depending on the yarn sit at that point I might do the neck band and then see what the sleeve deal will be... Maybe a lighter weight to look almost like a layered deal... We'll keep you posted!

And, in other news... I decided that since my spoilee doesn't know who she is, and I am not sure she will even look here as she has no reason to read my blog, I can post pictures of her handmade after all... I had posted on Ravelry about whether it was cool or not to send a swap item unfelted because I wasn't sure if my front load washing machine could felt easily... I am happy to report after 2 runs with towels included this purse came out beautifully felted...
this is a little detailed closeup. It is my own crocheted item with no pattern, based on a few knit items I have seen out there...I hope my spoilee likes it. and then, lastly, since I am the master of startitis, here is a swatch I have made... I am going to learn how to really cable and I am not sure which of these two patterns I will make, but it will be one. Either cabled or woven. I am leaning toward woven - if you have a preference, let me know! A woman who I have met on ravelry who lives in my neighborhood is going to help me out. She is a master cabler - I have seen her projects in her ravelry file...
I just tried to hotlink the two hat patterns, but they are only automatic downloads which I will not do to you, so unless you are on Ravelry, you won't be able to see them... sorry.

1 comment:

Rima said...

All you stuff is so cute! I really like the top down vest. Top down stuff rocks!