Tuesday, October 9, 2007

the fiber questions...

More Swap Questions...
9. Yarn/fiber you love? I am really starting to prefer natural fibers - I very much like cottons for their easy washability, however I haven't really begun to explore the superwash wools. I have used a few wool/acrylic blends and have liked them - I just worry about their itchability... You know - how itchy they make you feel, plus my mom is allergic to wool, so I worry that gift recipients might be as well.

10. Yarn/fiber you hate? RED HEART ACRYLIC... okay, so maybe that makes me a yarn snob, I don't know but it just doesn't feel nice no matter how many times you wash it. I know a lot of crocheters use it and swear it's all they can afford in order to do larger projects - I say wait until good yarn is on sale or clearance and use the better stuff.

11. What's on your needles? WAY WAY too much - all of the actual projects are correct in the sidebar, just the percentages completed are off (except for the Mom's dishclothes - those are actually done!)

12. Favorite colors? greens and blues, although deep reds as well.. not a big fan of pastels or pink - purples depend on the shade. I received a skein of self-striping sock yarn as a gift and am really looking forward to using it - haven't had a chance to yet - am not starting any new projects right now - not until I finish some stuff!

13. Allergies? no allergies - important to know for this swap that I do keep kosher, so food products need to be marked that they are kosher. If you are my partner and don't know what this means, I can send you a list of what symbols to look for - even if you aren't my partner and are curious, I can still send you a list of stuff to look for...actually, this link is probably all you need.

14. Anything you really love, really don't like, or just need to get off your chest? I am REALLY excited about this swap. I have only been knitting for a short time, have fallen in love with EZ's writing - although can't say I have the courage to start any of her projects yet. I have been crocheting for a million years and am looking forward to one day teaching my daughter how to both knit and crochet. I love the sound of metal knitting needles as they click. I don't like the feel of plastic knitting needles - I also don't like the way plastic crochet hooks feel on the yarn...

And, now, since for some reason my daughter went to sleep somewhat "early" I am going to take advantage of that and get a couple of rows done on her sweater.

No comments: