Saturday, May 3, 2008

i know... i know...

it's been awhile... but, really, i've been busy! First off... Erin is now 1 Year old!!!!!! I can't even begin to believe it. CAN NOT. WILL NOT... okay, it's true. she's one. and, as a birthday present to her parents, she slept from 9pm until 7am. CRAZY! but, I digress. Really, it's been a bit crazed here... okay, more than a bit. The time between Purim and Passover almost always tends to be. First there is the cleaning, then there is the shopping, and then there is the cooking... and in between all that there is the regular everyday.

In addition, I did a hat sale for a friend of mine up in CT. I stayed at my mom's house. It's a good thing I did. We were going to spend the day after the sale doing fun things, then the next day I was going to drive home. BUT... I spent the night after the sale up and puking... I spent the next day lying on the kitchen floor with Erin playing nearby and my mom taking care of the two of us. It was awful. Luckily I felt okay enough to drive back the following day, but, sadly, I infected my mom's boyfriend with my icky germs and so he was sick. My mom escaped the germs, which is good seeing as she has had enough sickness for forever.

Passover was really nice in the end, although I have to say I don't even remember it all, it's almost like I sleepwalked through it. My mother-in-law did a ton of cooking which cut back on what I had to cook, but I still had to clean my kitchen and kasher everything, and then we did the sederim at our house so that Erin could go to sleep at her regular time... except she decided she wanted to be at part of the seder and so each night she woke up and ended up being present for some of it.

Then, this past week I did a project for a client. Let's just say that time management and Erin's sleep skills (or lack thereof) made it difficult. It seems, though, that the client is happy in the end and that is really important as well.

I have knitting content here... will edit later to add photos... I completed Erin's sweater.... YEP... all that is left is sewing on three little decorative flowers and it's done. As a matter of fact, I am going right now to do that. Then it will be totally done.. Which is good as I really wanted her to be able to wear it next weekend at her birthday party with the family. Now it seems as if that is a reality. HAPPY DANCE!!!!!!!!

oh - and one last thing... if you need a last minute mother's day present... let me know... we got in all sorts of photographic jewelry and while our business website isn't up and running, I can send you an image and we can talk details...

1 comment:

Rima said...

Happy Birthday to Erin!