Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I forgot...

like usual, to take pictures of the things I made and sent off in Knitter's Coffee Swap Four! So, I will have to do the next best thing and link to what I sent Jodi. There's a funny thing about us being partnered.... she lives around the corner from where I lived in Chicago, of course, I left Chicago's Lakeview neighborhood in August of 2000 for Boston. At the time I barely crocheted - mostly baby blankets, and using yarn from big box craft stores... A lot has changed.

Anyway, literally days after I had sent off my last Knitter's Coffee Swap box, over a year ago, I found the perfect fabric to make a project bag or something from. I wasn't 100% sure I was going to do the swap again, but since I enjoy a good cuppa Joe myself, I figured worst case scenario, I would make something for myself... Instead, I joined the swap again, and made a project bag out of the fabric. I realized after the fact that since the fabric was so light colored that it would be a much better lining, so I dug into the fabric trunk, realized I had some brown striped wool left from a pillow I made and that it matched quite well w/ the coffee fabric. I still have some coffee fabric left, maybe enough to make a new handle holder for my kettle... we'll see.

My next sewing project should be a cover of some sort for the tub spout... Smush insists on sitting right up next to it in her tubbie time... and occasionally knocks her head on it, nothing serious yet, but why wait! I tried to purchase a plastic one at Target that had a cute firefighter duck on it, but, of course, it didn't fit our spout...

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Thanks again, Rachel! The bag is just perfect. I used it to tote my latest scarf project to knitting circle last night.

I hope your parcel arrives soon!

Anonymous said...

I love that fabric! Then again, anything coffee-related has a special place in my heart. I wish I'd known about the coffee-swap dealie. Very cool.

Cheers!
Daisy